Off-The-Grid Vacation Ideas to Help You Connect with Nature and the World
When you get home from work, or close that door on your home office, work is never far away. Your technology keeps you connected like never before. You never get the time to relax as a couple or to spend quality time as a family. Not really relax – away from everything, where you can connect with nature and the world. You know what you need? An unplugged vacation, in a place where you have no option but to disconnect from work. Country Kids connect you and your family with nature and the world.
Why We All Need to Disconnect
If you are like most people today, your gadgets are an integral part of your daily routine:
- We spend an average of 2 hours 27 minutes on social media
- 4 in 10 of us are on our computers after 10pm
- A third of salaried employees take work home to do at weekends
- A huge 26% of work is done outside of working hours
- We check emails and instant messengers every six minutes
We are tied to our tech. On top of this, we have cooking and cleaning to do, other household chores to fit in, and then there’s the shopping, commuting… and, of course, the kids to care for and be taxi to.
We’re so connected to our digital world and our daily lives that we don’t have time for ourselves. And that affects your mental health. It affects the kids. It affects your relationship with your partner.
Why do you need an unplugged vacation for your family to disconnect? Here are just a few reasons:
- To relax, unwind, and gain clarity on what is important in life
- To rejuvenate your mind and body away from the stress of daily life
- To rediscover time in your day, and understand what it is that makes you always so busy
- To improve your relationships with your partner and your kids
An unplugged vacation can help you to find your ideal work/life balance. You’ll learn what quality of life really means to you, and be more inclined to set rules that bring you closer to this when you return home – like a cut-off time for connection to the outside world, or making time for family meals without mobile phones at the table.
Get Off-The-Grid in These Places to Get Away from Everything
Okay, so you want to unplug, disconnect, and recharge your senses, your spirit, your mind, and your body. But you’re not sure where. Here are 7 fantastic off-the-grid destinations where you can do all this.
1. Trekking in Patagonia
How about trekking through the Torres del Paine National Park in Chilean Patagonia? Fresh air, amazing landscapes, and nature that will blow your mind. And you will be completely cut off – there is no internet to connect to here.
2. A Lodge Holiday in British Columbia
British Columbia in Canada is vast, and laden with forests to explore. A lodge holiday at Williams Lake will ensure you disconnect and get back to nature. Enjoy a walk in the woods. Sit round a campfire and chat with new friends. Go fishing or canoeing on the nearby river. Plenty to keep you occupied while you remain disconnected.
3. Nature Seeking in the Galapagos Islands
See wildlife as you have never seen it before in the Galapagos Islands. On the main islands, you’ll find plenty to do, such as scuba diving, biking around the islands, canoeing, and visiting wildlife sanctuaries.
4. White Water Rafting in Iceland
Head to Iceland, and book a stay in Skagafjordur. You’ll find plenty of history and heritage here, as well as much to do. White water rafting is one of the most popular activities, or you could ski, go horse trekking, or try your hand at sailing. And in the winter, let the hot springs warm and relax you.
5. Hike Through the Wonders of Peru
What do you think of when you think of Peru? Machu Picchu? The Inca Trail? Experience the peace of nature, and the majesty of mountains in Peru as you take a hike through this wonderful country’s many hiking trails.
6. Rafting, Fishing, and Sports in Bhutan
Sitting between India and Tibet, Bhutan is a place of exciting contrasts. Many locations still do not have internet. Here you can hike the Himalayas, visit Buddhist monasteries, go fishing for trout, take part in archery, play golf, or relax in a spa.
7. The Six-in-One Disconnect Destination in France
Can’t make up your mind which of the above destinations is for you? You want to relax, but your kids want to be active?
We have purposefully designed the Country Kids holiday experience to satisfy all tastes and the desire to disconnect, while making sure you get time to connect as a couple, as a family, and make new friends, too.
Country Kids connect you and your family with nature and the world.
We’ve got you covered whatever you wish to do:
- Relax by the pool while the kids are at our Kids Club or visiting our farm
- Enjoy a romantic meal in one of the superb local restaurants
- Play a round of golf, or go hiking in the tremendous surrounding countryside
- Play a set or three of tennis, cycle through tranquil country roads, or enjoy the whirlpool
- The kids will love the overnight camp, outdoor play areas, sandpit, zip wires, and swimming pool
- Parents love the tranquility and cocktails by the pool!
- Spend a few hours trout fishing, taking part in water sports, and try your hand at pony riding
The Country Kids experience is unique. The opportunity to go off the grid, disconnect from your daily stresses, and connect with each other and nature. All you need to do is:
- Let go of your gadgets (you can even leave them with us, if you wish)
- Let us plan your time for you — on your first Sunday, we’ll sit down, discuss your desires, and then we’ll make all the arrangements
- Let your kids loose, to make new friends, learn new skills, and have the adventure of a lifetime in our gated, car-free grounds
- Enjoy every moment
To learn more about what it is that makes Country Kids a one-of-a-kind, off-the-grid destination for the perfect unplugged vacation, please get in touch with Laure and Sylvan, any time, on +33(0)6 77 54 56 00 ─ or by emailing [email protected].